- Blanchard, G.T., and Freeman-Longo, R. (1998). Sexual Abuse in America: The Epidemic of the 21st Century. Brandon, VT: Safer Society Press.
- Bohmer, C. and Parrot, A. (1993). Sexual Assault on Campus. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books.
- Briere, J., Berliner, L., and Bulkley, J. (Eds.) (1996). The APSAC Handbook on Child Maltreatment. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Center for Sex Offender Management (March 2000). Engaging Advocates and Other Victim Service Providers in the Community Management of Sex Offenders. Silver Spring, MD.
- Finkelhor, D. and Yllo, K. (1985). License to Rape: Sexual Abuse of Wives. New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston.
- Fortune, M.M. (1983). Sexual Violence: The Unmentionable Sin: An Ethical and Pastoral Perspective. New York: Pilgrim Press.
- Fortune, M.M. (1995). Keeping the Faith: Guidance for Christian Women Facing Abuse. San Francisco: Harper.
- Herman, J. (1992). Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence--from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror. New York: Basic Books.
- Hindman, J. (October 1989). Just Before Dawn: Trauma Assessment and Treatment of Sexual Victimization. Jan Hindman Association.
- Kilpatrick, D., Edmunds, C., and Seymour, A. (1992). Rape in America: A Report to the Nation. National Victim Center, Arlington, VA.
- Koss, M.P. (1988). Hidden Rape: Sexual Aggression and Victimization in the National Sample of Students in Higher Education. In Pirog-Good, M.A. and Stets, J.E. (Eds.), Violence in Dating Relationships: Emerging Social Issues (pp. 145-168). New York, NY: Praeger.
- Koss, M.P. and Dinero, T.E. (1988). A Discriminant Analysis of Risk Factors Among a National Sample of College Women. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, vol. 57, 133-147.
- Russell, D.E. (1983). The Incidence and Prevalence of Intrafamilial and Extrafamilial Sexual Abuse of Female Children. Child Abuse and Neglect, vol. 7, pp. 133-146.
- Russell, D.E. (1986). The Secret Trauma: Incest in the Lives of Girls and Women. New York: Basic Books.
- Ryan, G. and Associates (1999). Web of Meaning: A Developmental-Contextual Approach in Sexual Abuse Treatment. Brandon, VT: Safer Society Press.
- Salter, A.C. (1995). Transforming Trauma: A Guide to Understanding and Treating Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Salter, A.C. (1988). Treating Child Sex Offenders and Victims: A Practical Guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Special Issue: The Prevention of Sexual Abuse. Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment, vol. 11, October 1999.
- Whitcomb, D. (1992). When the Victim is a Child: 2nd Edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice.